LPYM Carbo Lovers

"Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." - John 6:35

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Twenty and The One

A well-worn one dollar bill and a similarly distressed twenty dollar bill arrived at a Federal Reserve Bank to be retired. As they moved along the conveyor belt to be burned, they struck up a conversation.

The twenty dollar bill reminisced about its travels all over the county. "I've had a pretty good life," the twenty proclaimed. "Why I've been to Las Vegas and Atlantic City, the finest restaurants in New York, performances on Broadway, and even a cruise to the Caribbean.""Wow!" said the one dollar bill. "You've really had an exciting life!"

"So tell me," says the twenty, "where have you been throughout your lifetime?"

The one dollar bill replies, "Oh, I've been to the Methodist Church, the Baptist Church, the Lutheran Church ..."


Got this in an e-mail. And after I read this joke, it occurred to me…
How often do we actually give our all to God? In our offerings, do we give Him the minimal? In our lives, do we only pay lip service to Him? As a student, my parents gave us enough to scrape through, to teach us the importance of being thrifty. Part of our allowance, they give us another sum of money for church offering for the Sunday of the week. Though the money came from our parents, it was our duty and our discipline to set aside that money for God on Sunday.

To this date, I pray that I will be faithful in the giving of my tithes, for God’s kingdom…and when I give, I want to give willingly, with all my heart =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home